Publish Doc updates to select 4.0

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

czentman

Publish Doc updates to select 4.0

Post by czentman »

I am working on upgrading our publish doc integration to Select 4.0 from Select 2.6.

In the following code the 2 items that are not showing as existing in the new dll's are "PrintJobProperty.Targets" and "SoftPro.ClientModel.Client.IOrder" both didn't work. Are there replacements in 4.0 for these?

Imports SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing
Imports SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client
Imports SoftPro.OrderTracking
Imports System.Configuration
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Text.RegularExpressions
Imports iTextSharp.text
Imports iTextSharp.text.pdf
Imports System.Data.SqlClient

Class PublishToWeb
Inherits SoftPro.Select.Shell.Printing.PrintJobHandler
Dim sDomainCode, sTableName, arrFiles(1) As String
Dim arrFileIDs(1) As Integer
Protected Overrides Function onProcess(ByVal printJob As IPrintJob) As PrintJobHandlerResult
'MsgBox("in fucntion")
Dim saveAsPublic As Integer
Dim strSQL, fileName As String
Dim subCatID As String = "CMTCMT"

If TryCast(printJob.Properties(PrintJobProperty.Targets), List(Of String)).Contains([Enum].GetName(GetType(PrintJobTarget), PrintJobTarget.Email)) Then
Dim c = printJob.Items.Count
End If
If TryCast(printJob.Properties(PrintJobProperty.Targets), List(Of String)).Contains([Enum].GetName(GetType(PrintJobTarget), PrintJobTarget.Publish)) Then
'first get the firmfile and username
Dim order As SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.IOrder = TryCast(printJob.Properties("Order"), SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.IOrder)
'Dim titlCod As String = order.TitleCompany("0").LookupCode
'Dim titleCompany As SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.ITitleCompany = TryCast(order.TitleCompany, SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.ITitleCompany)
'Dim titlCod As String = titleCompany.LookupCode
Dim firmfile As String = order.Number
'MsgBox(firmfile)
BobRichards

Re: Publish Doc updates to select 4.0

Post by BobRichards »

I don't understand what you are trying to do. However, please review the topics in the Select SDK for information regarding printing (How-To/Print Pipeline)? Select has changed in this area since version 2.6 and a thorough understanding of the current implementation will be required.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

I'm looking at the SDK for Print job handlers and I copied below from the SDK and it says that there is a PrintJobSample project. I didn't see that project provided with our version of the SDK. I see several other project samples but not anything for PrintJob Handlers. Can you provide?

Print job handlers are integrated into the print pipeline by providing a class that implements an established interface, and then registering that class as part of a Select package.

The PrintJobSample project that is included with the Select SDK provides a working sample that demonstrates how to define a custom print job handler and integrate it into the print pipeline. In this discussion, we will walk through the sample project and describe the necessary steps in detail.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Print job handlers are discussed in the SDK at How-To/Print Pipeline. This includes example code in the "Add a Print Job Handler" topic in that section.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro