Steps for Live - key

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
czentman

Steps for Live - key

Post by czentman »

I got my whole package working for the sp hive. Can you provide the steps to put into the production environment including steps to take for the signing with a strong name key.
BobRichards

Re: Steps for Live - key

Post by BobRichards »

See the Select SDK topics in How-To/Server Package Development. It provide directions on how to sign an assembly and register/deploy a package to the Select mid-tier.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

When you say mid-tier, does that mean that the dll no longer has to be registered on each client machine, only on the mid-tier server?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Ahhh. After re-reading your original post, I believe you are working on a Shell package. As you said, your package must be deployed to each client workstation that is running the Select client application. Nothing has changed from the information that is in the SDK for Shell Package Development. Look in that SDK in that section for the instructions you are looking for.
czentman

Post by czentman »

In the SDK, it says that after I sign the package I should provide SP with the token and then SP will provide me with a license file. My token is the following

"ClientPhonebook.MyPackage, ClientPhonebook, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b05db1f8af145e11"
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

You need to send your package requests to a SoftPro customer representative. Please follow the directions in the SDK topic Cookbook/All Packages and API Projects/How do I get a Package License. Thanks.
czentman

Post by czentman »

As I wrote, in the SDK it says to call SoftPro, and they are now referring me back to you.

Good Morning Chana,

I spoke with Bryon regarding your issue. Unfortunately Development would be the only ones who can help resolve the issue. Please re-post in DEV Forum with the issues you are experiencing. They are the ones who could best answer your questions.

Thank you for this opportunity to be of service.

RENEE REASON
Industry Support Analyst
4800 Falls of Neuse, Suite 400
Raleigh, NC 27609
P 800-848-0143
F 919-755-8350
www.softprocorp.com
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I have spoken to the individuals who reviewed your request. They did not understand what you were after. I explained it and the request should now be handled properly. Sorry about that.