New Shell Package Not Compiling

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
czentman

New Shell Package Not Compiling

Post by czentman »

I'm creating a new shell integration package and so far all I did was created it and name in VS10 C# and it pulled in all the correct dll's and I tried to compile and get the following error.

The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select SDK\Tools\spregpkg.exe" /mode:register /rootsuffix:Exp /p:"bin\Debug\ClientPhonebook.dll"" exited with code -1.
John Morris

Re: New Shell Package Not Compiling

Post by John Morris »

Make sure the project is configured to use the full .ne framework, not the client profile.

Also, are there other build errors in the output logs?
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

the target framework is .net 4, not client profile. Where are the output logs?
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

The visual studio output window.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

There was nothing else in that output window.

I also tried now taking the example that came with the Select SDK. I started with the one "EditableLookupTablePackage". I can't find the dll's that the project is looking for -
using SoftPro.OrderTracking.Server.Lookups; and using SoftPro.Select.Common;. These 2 dll's were not in the SoftPro\Select or Select SDK folder. I changed the using to SoftPro.Select and that seems to work but the other one I don't have - only SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client and SoftPro.OrderTracking.Activities and SoftPro.OrderTracking.Controls so I included those 3 but didn't help for this one. I got the project to compile with commenting this one out. It looks good, the ribbon appears, and everything works until I tried to save, on line 203 of LookupEditor.cs "lookups.ApplyChanges(_lookupData);", I get a Validation ExceptionThe filter field column name must begin with "Filter: " on SoftPro.ClientModel.ValidationException. Stack Trace is the following:
at SoftPro.ClientModel.EnumerationExtensions.Validate(IEnumerable`1 objects)
at SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.Lookups.Lookups.SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.Lookups.ILookups.ApplyChanges(ILookupTable[] tables)
at EditableLookupTablePackage.LookupEditor.saveChangesButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at SoftPro.Select.Runtime.OnRun()
at SoftPro.Select.Runtime.Start()

Please advice. Thanks
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

The SDK sample sounds outdated.

Can you post the complete build output from your failed package build (not the sample)?
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

I'm getting this still/again.

------ Build started: Project: ShellPackageTestS4, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\MyEditorControl.vb(474) : warning BC42104: Variable 'EmptyString' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\MyEditorControl.vb(623) : warning BC42104: Variable 'Client_ID' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\MyEditorPane.vb(15) : warning BC42104: Variable 'editorControl' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsData.vb(32) : warning BC42104: Variable 'DataValue' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsData.vb(71) : warning BC42353: Function 'DeleteRecord' doesn't return a value on all code paths. Are you missing a 'Return' statement?
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsFunctions.vb(82) : warning BC42104: Variable 'alphanumericcol' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsFunctions.vb(233) : warning BC42024: Unused local variable: 'FirstName'.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsFunctions.vb(234) : warning BC42024: Unused local variable: 'ctl'.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\clsFunctions.vb(239) : warning BC42104: Variable 'Uid' is used before it has been assigned a value. A null reference exception could result at runtime.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\frmClientList2.vb(17) : warning BC42024: Unused local variable: 'strCoCode'.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\frmClientList2.vb(17) : warning BC42024: Unused local variable: 'strCode'.
\\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\frmClientList2.vb(57) : warning BC42024: Unused local variable: 'strSQL'.
ShellPackageTestS4 -> \\workgroup\ndatadrive\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\bin\Debug\ShellPackageTestS4.dll
Could not load file or assembly 'file:///Y:\IT\WEBDEV\.net projects\Select\ShellPackageTestS4\bin\Debug\ShellPackageTestS4.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\SoftPro\Select\SoftPro.Select.Sdk.targets(122,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select SDK\Tools\spregpkg.exe" /mode:register /rootsuffix:Exp /p:"bin\Debug\ShellPackageTestS4.dll"" exited with code -1.
========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

I looks like you're using a network drive. Does this reproduce if you use a local drive path?
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
czentman

Post by czentman »

It did seem to compile on a local drive so thanks.
czentman

Post by czentman »

This was the reason and everyone works locally but how can I do this on a network drive? I do sometimes like to work on a network drive.