Adding Exceptions

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
PeterKelly

Adding Exceptions

Post by PeterKelly »

I can add an exception with the following code

dynamic exception = ((IOrder)order).CreateNew("Exception");
order.Title.Commitments[0].Exceptions.Add(exception);
exception.Code = "d1";

Now if I add the same exception in the UI I get prompted to input data. How do I do the same via the API?

Just adding the exception code results in the following:

An assignment of the beneficial interest under said deed of trust which names:
<VAR $1 (<PROMPT FLOWTEXT (Assignee)>)><IF ({{$1}}<>"")>

Assignee: {{$1}}</IF><VAR $2 (<PROMPT TEXT (Loan No.)>)><IF ({{$2}}<>"")>

Loan No.: {{$2}}</IF><VAR $3 (<PROMPT DATE (Recording Date)>)><IF (Not IsEmpty({{$3}}))>

Recording Date: {{$3 LD}}</IF><VAR $4 (<PROMPT TEXT100 (Recording No.)>)><IF ({{$4}}<>"")>

Recording No.: {{$4}}</IF>

Thanks,
Peter
Graham Campbell

Re: Adding Exceptions

Post by Graham Campbell »

Hi Peter,

The prompt dialog you are encountering is where we are doing eager gathering of information which is filled into the <PROMPT> tags from the example you provided when the value was retrieved via the lookups subsystem.

Unfortunately, today there is not a public API point where you can hook this prompting functionality into the lookups functionality. This functionality is only provided with the ProForm UI package in place.

I believe that the user will instead be prompted when the document is rendered, since they were unable to prompt when the lookup was retrieved. Is being prompted at rendering time adequate?

If the prompts occurring later is not adequate, you might be able to listen to the Order model properties changing. When a string property on an Order related object ( such as the Exception ) raises a changed event, you could parse the string and see if it contains any <PROMPT> tags and process at that time.

Trying to replicate this area may be extremely involved. We are feeding these strings through our document rendering engine, which supports a significant amount of functionality beyond prompting for values. This also is supported for RTF fields.
Graham Campbell
SoftPro Software Engineer
PeterKelly

Post by PeterKelly »

Thanks for the response!

This is for load testing and I'm guessing that even if we had an API point to do what I ask, the work would still be done on the client to change the text and not introduce extra load on the servers. Am i correct?

If we can't do it it's not a big deal.

As far being prompted at rendering, we've been provided with a non-public "API" to do doc/report generation and the API does not support(I don't think) being prompted for data which, again, is not a big deal since we can introduce extra load a different way.

Thanks,
Peter
Graham Campbell

Post by Graham Campbell »

You are correct that this work is exclusively done on the client, so it would not impact server components.
Graham Campbell
SoftPro Software Engineer
manjunath.bhat

Post by manjunath.bhat »

Hello Graham,

We need to accept prompt values in a similar way that has been explained above. Since this post is very old, I was wondering is there any such feature available now. version: 4.3.50811.25

Thanks in advance
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I'm not sure what you want to do. If you want to programmatically print a document and answer the prompts, you can do that with the API: API example for Crystal Reports and 4.1 API example for docs/reports.

If not, what do you want to achieve?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro