Error when attempting to debug server package

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
MattW

Error when attempting to debug server package

Post by MattW »

Hi,
I apologize in advance if this is something simple that I've missed but I could not find it anywhere on the forums on documentation (Also I am still fairly new to SoftPro as well).

When trying to test a server package in version 4.0 I keep running into this error every time I try to run in debug:

Visual Studio cannot start debugging because the debug target 'C:\program Files (x86)\Common Files\SoftPro\Select Server\Instances\spssvr\spssvc.exe' is missing.
Please build the project and retry or set the OutputPath and AssemblyName properties.

To me it seems I am missing some application related to Select Server (I'm assuming something that works as a temporary location to host your debugging version, similar to IIS). Where would I find this, or if its already written up just point me in the direction of the documentation and I can read it myself. Please correct me if I'm going in the completely wrong direction with this.

Thanks
BobRichards

Re: Error when attempting to debug server package

Post by BobRichards »

The expectation is that Custom Server packages will be developed in a test environment to prevent development code from compromising production data.

The development workstation should have its own local installation of Select Server. Do you?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro