Identifying "Policies to Insure" by numbers

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
Miri Yosef

Identifying "Policies to Insure" by numbers

Post by Miri Yosef »

Hi,

Is there a way to identify {{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure}} by numbers. For example I would like the document to show a specific text ONLY if the first policy in that field was entered as "Owners Policy" and the second was entered as "Loan Policy". If the first policy was entered as a loan policy and there are no other policies entered, I would like to bring a different text.

Thanks
Miri Yosef
swheatley

Re: Identifying "Policies to Insure" by numbers

Post by swheatley »

Hi Miri,

I think you can accomplish that by using something like this:

<IF ({{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure[1].ProductTypeDescription}} = "Owner's Policy" AND {{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure[2].ProductTypeDescription}}="Loan Policy")> First policy is owners, second policy is loan.</IF>

<IF ({{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure[1].ProductTypeDescription}} = "Loan Policy" AND <COUNT {{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure}}>=1)> First and only policy is a loan policy.</IF>

If you are not on v2.3 (aka Morgan) yet then you can't use the COUNT feature, but you could use something like IsEmpty({{Order.Title.Commitment.PoliciesToInsure[2].Number}}) to see if there is data entered in a field on the second policy.

Shelby
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Shelby,

The first suggestion doesn't work the program (2.2 version) does not seem to recognize sort order numbers for the product type. The idea of IsEmpty policy number worked well.
Thanks
Miri
swheatley

Post by swheatley »

When you tried the code did you have any policy types on the Title Insurance Premiums set to simultaneous?
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

I tried both options (with and without simultaneous)
swheatley

Post by swheatley »

It looks you have found a bug. I've entered this in our bug tracking system to be prioritized for a fix.

I'll keep researching to find a work around, but I have not been able to find one yet. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Shelby
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Thanks