Installing SoftPro Select Client 2.2

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
dokata

Installing SoftPro Select Client 2.2

Post by dokata »

After I installed the client and run the application, I get an error message as follows: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (405) Method not allowed. The server was installed on my local machine and when I installed the client I pointed the server to 'localhost'. Help please. Thank you.
Attachments
Unexpected response 405 Method.zip
(18.41 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
John Morris

Re: Installing SoftPro Select Client 2.2

Post by John Morris »

When you installed the server, did the final install screen indicate success or failure? The server installer's failure screen looks very close to the success screen. We have had some suggestions to improve the message in the next release, so it is more clear to the user that the install failed. Look in the Add/Remove Programs list for a "SoftPro Select Server" entry. Does that exist?

If the server did install successfully, open your web browser and navigate to http://localhost/SelectServer/Integrati ... ration.svc
Does that page show correctly and without error?

If the server did not install successfully, you need to run the install manually in order to capture an install log. Use the following command for that purpose:

Code: Select all

setup.exe /l*v C:\SelectServer.log
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
dokata

Post by dokata »

After following your wonderful instructions the server was not installed. I uninstalled the client and cleared the database and restored a backup of the original database. Then I executed the server installation capturing the log information (see attachment).
SelectServer.zip
SoftPro Select Server 2.2 installation log
(37.46 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

From the log file:

Code: Select all

CAQuietExec:  The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '<html>
CAQuietExec:      <head>
CAQuietExec:          <title>The event log file is full</title>
CAQuietExec:          <style>
CAQuietExec:           body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} 
CAQuietExec:           p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
CAQuietExec:           b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
CAQuietExec:           H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
CAQuietExec:           H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
CAQuietExec:           pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
CAQuietExec:           .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
CAQuietExec:           .version {color: gray;}
CAQuietExec:           .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
CAQuietExec:           .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
CAQuietExec:          </style>
CAQuietExec:      </head>
CAQuietExec:  
CAQuietExec:      <body bgcolor="white">
CAQuietExec:  
CAQuietExec:              <span><H1>Server Error in '/SelectServer' Application.<hr width=100(null)ize=1 color=silver></H1>
CAQuietExec:  
CAQuietExec:              <h2> <i>The event log '.
You need to clean up your window's event log. This can be done from Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

I noticed that you restored your backup of the database during the second install attempt. Unless you see a message during installation that indicates your "database is unstable", restoring the backup should be unneccesary. The database installer is smart enough to skip steps that have already executed successfully. In most cases, it can simply pick up where it left off.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
dokata

Post by dokata »

Beautiful! I followed your wonderful instructions and both applications were installed and working with no further adjustments. How wonderful! I'll relay this information to my gang. Thank you so much for your priceless help. Have a super weekend!