Proform Order Search and Protrust Ledger Search

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

BettyM

Proform Order Search and Protrust Ledger Search

Post by BettyM »

Assume your Proform Order Search and Protrust Ledger Search use your SDK. I would like to add some fields to the search and add some customization to the results.

Since this is crucial code, it might be best to leave your code "as is" and do a new tab since I want to add some reporting customizations, too. Is it possible get that code so I can customize it?

Thanks
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: Proform Order Search and Protrust Ledger Search

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

Doing this as a custom tab would be necessary, since the existing search screens are not customizable. There's no API around search functionality in v2.6, though that will change in the new version (v3.0, to be released later this year). Only the current search fields will be supported through that API, however.

What fields are you hoping to add? I'd like to note those in our feature request tracking system, since the current screens aren't giving you what you need.

Warning: Select's database indexes our search screen fields, but if you expand upon that, you'll want to tread carefully. If the field you want is not indexed, searching by that field won't be a viable option.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
BettyM

Re: Proform Order Search and Protrust Ledger Search

Post by BettyM »

Thanks Melissa for your prompt answer. Your new search in Select is much better than your Enterprise search.

We are not opposed to a custom tab. Would actually be better to do a separate tab to keep your search code pristine.

We want to add custom fields and customize the display of the results. Your "heads up" on the non-indexed fields will be taken into account.

Whatever you can provide of your order search code and search stored procedures to help as a base for our project would help us a lot.

We can discuss our project privately if you prefer.