Technical Preview 20132011.0 - Error on save

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
ckootg

Technical Preview 20132011.0 - Error on save

Post by ckootg »

I was able to save until I added our custom fields and my screen changes. Did anything change in the custom fields or my screen definitions?

Code: Select all

Error occured on service boundary.
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: 
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityExecutionContext.CatchAndRethrow(Exception ex, Boolean wrap)
   at Order.HasPermission(Guid permissionID) in C:\Builds\43\SoftPro\Team00\Sources\Code\SPNet\ProForm\ProFormOrder\Order.pb:line 802
   at Witness.<ReadOnlyImpl>Name(Boolean& ) in C:\Builds\43\SoftPro\Team00\Sources\Code\SPNet\ProForm\ProFormOrder\General\Witness.pb:line 22
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.Reflection.RuleHelper.RunReadOnlyRule(IField field, Rule`1 rule)
   at Witness.<ReadOnly>Name(Object )
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.RuleInstance.Run()
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityExecutionContext.RunRules()
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityExecutionContext.Prepare()
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityExecutionContext.Dispose()
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityRuntime.Deserialize2(Stream stream, Boolean readOnly)
   at SoftPro.EntityModel.EntityRuntime.Load(Stream stream, SerializationFormat format, Boolean readOnly)
   at SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.Orders.OrderStoreProvider.Load(MemoryStream memory, Boolean readOnly)
   at SoftPro.OrderTracking.Server.Orders.OrderStoreService.EndApplyChangesOrder(Guid taskID, Byte[] data)
   at SyncInvokeEndApplyChangesOrder(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
XML Log: 
Error in creating ILExceptionData: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at System.Reflection.MemberInfo.get_MetadataToken()
   at SoftPro.ServerModel.Utils.CreateXmlLog(Exception ex)

Unable to retrieve message headers. Message is closed.
John Morris

Re: Technical Preview 20132011.0 - Error on save

Post by John Morris »

What are the details of the custom field(s) you added? I will attempt to reproduce the issue with those details.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
John Morris

Re: Technical Preview 20132011.0 - Error on save

Post by John Morris »

I have reproduced this issue. I have a bug logged and it should be fixed shortly. In the time being, you can work around this issue by restarting the Select Server Service after making changes to the custom fields defined in the system.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro