Server Install Failure

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
Robert Nicol

Server Install Failure

Post by Robert Nicol »

Melissa and John,

Sorry about the earlier posting--did not know where to put it.

I did delete the two databases that were in place; the same two were created again with the second install. What other DBs should have been removed? The 2 that are created are SelectConfigDb and SelectDb.

I also uninstalled the 4 programs (Admin Services, Admin Tools, Hosting Services, Services Setup Support). These 4 were reinstalled as well.

Thanks,
Robert
John Morris

Re: Server Install Failure

Post by John Morris »

Can you repost your latest install log?
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
Robert Nicol

Post by Robert Nicol »

John,

Here is the log in a zip file.

Thanks,
Robert
Attachments
Server Install Log.zip
Install log
(34.34 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

The error in the log states:

c:\builds\18\softpro\team00\sources\code\spnet\select\selectdb\Tables\zref.DocumentAction.table.sql(30): Invalid column name 'IsProtected'.

Just to clarify, this build does not support upgrades and only supports new, clean install scenarios. Secondly, if you've have a failed install the past, you need to delete the following databases from your SQL server and retry:

SelectConfigDb
SelectLogDb
SelectBlobDb
SelectDb

Before deleting those databases, make sure you uninstall the "SoftPro Select ..." programs using the Add/Remove programs located in the Control Panel. There is usually 4 or 5 of those entries on a single machine installation.

Once you have cleaned up the previous failed installation, you can attempt a new install.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
Robert Nicol

Post by Robert Nicol »

John,

I did perform the uninstall tasks after the first attempt. Removed the 2 databases that were created SelectDb and SelectConfigDb; the databases SelectLogDb and SelectBlobDb are not on the instance. I also unstalled the 4 SP programs.

I believe it may have to do with collation. The server collation on the instance is Latin1_General_BIN which is case sensitive. The error indicates that column "IsProtected" is invalid in zref.DocumentAction. When I review the table I see that the column is called "Isprotected" (lower case p) so they do not match due to the collation constraint. Perhaps the column name should be "IsProtected" in the table? That seems to be the name in other tables.

Thanks,
Robert
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

That is most likely the issue. We have not tested with collation settings other than the default provided by SQL Server during its install.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
Robert Nicol

Post by Robert Nicol »

I downloaded the 8/23 build, uninstalled all programs and removed all databases, and ran the setup. It failed at the same point.

Will there be an updated build that resolves this or do I need to reconfigure the SQL instance to not use case-sensitive collation?

Thanks,
Robert
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

You need to reconfigure your SQL server.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro