Creating OrderContact through API

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
kqian

Creating OrderContact through API

Post by kqian »

Hi,

I am trying to create OrderContacts by calling the API, but the created contact objects are not displayed right when opened in SoftPro contact view. The phone/Fax information did show.

1) Created a "Buyer/Borrower" as "Individual" with one person through API call where I set "IOrder.Buyer[0].BuyerSellerPerson[0].Phone", "IOrder.Buyer[0].BuyerSellerPerson[0].Cell", "IOrder.Buyer[0].BuyerSellerPerson[0].Fax" etc. But in the SoftPro's Buyer/Borrower detail view, all the phone/Fax info are not shown.

2) Created a "Listing Agent/Broker" through API call. Set the Name/Phone/fax/email etc in IOrder.ListingAgentBroker[0].xxx, also added on eperson into "IOrder.ListingAgentBroker[0].Person". But phone info are missing in the "Listing Agent/Broker" detail view, the person is shown under the "People" section, but when doubleclick it to show the person detail, it does not have phone info either.

So my question is when creating different types of OrderContact object through API, how should I have set the data, how should the data been mapped with SoftPro object properties?

Thanks.
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: Creating OrderContact through API

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

The format on a phone number is important for the UI to display it properly. The UI expects the format like: (800)848-0143. If you were using another format, this change should solve your problem.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: Creating OrderContact through API

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

And if Skype or similar is interrupting the phone format in my last post ;) , the correct format is: "(###)###-####". You'll see this same format in your database for all phone numbers that were entered through the UI.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro