Extra Tabs

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
cklahr

Extra Tabs

Post by cklahr »

Please see page 7 of the attached document. The {{Instrument Type}} is not coming out right in Select - there is an extra tab setting that I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from.
Attachments
ck_NY_MortgageForeclosureGuarantee.doc
(86 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Mark McKenna

Re: Extra Tabs

Post by Mark McKenna »

Using fake order data, could you execute the document once inside Select, save the result to Word format, and post that here? From the preview window you can choose File->Save As->Word. I don't see anything off-hand, so maybe peeking at the result content would point to something.
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

See attached - I still was unable to figure out where the problem lies. Maybe you can help. Thanks.
Attachments
ck_NY_MortgageForeclosureGuarantee(2).doc
(59 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

That attachment still contains the markup. Can you save a fully rendered version of it (with order data filled in) to Word and attach that? Just use fake data (enough to demonstrate the issue). When you preview the document, you can do a File->Save to save the rendered version out to disk (Word format).
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

I attached two documents. One is saved as a Word 2003 document, and the other, I believe, is the current Word. Don't know if it makes a difference, but I attached both in case.
Attachments
Mortgage Foreclosure Guarantee.docx
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
ck_NY_MortgageForeclosureGuarantee(2).doc
(56.5 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

If I'm looking at the right place, the output looks to be correct. I'm looking at the instrument type (e.g. Mortgage) that is the first thing under "Schedule B: Mortgages". I don't see an extra tab appearing between the list number and the start of the text. Please clarify if I'm looking at the right thing and explain what your expected result would be.

For reference, below is a screenshot of the result, taken directly from your attachment:
Screenshot of output
Screenshot of output
output.png (14.65 KiB) Viewed 2446 times
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Correct - when I save it as a Word file, the extra tab doesn't appear, but in the Preview mode in Select, there is an extra tab.
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Ah, so in preview there is an extra tab somewhere. Is it only a preview problem or does it occur when the document is printed and/or emailed, too?
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

I tried printing and emailing the document, but still got the extra tab.
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

You might want to try changing the list and/or paragraph indentation values a bit to see how it reacts. For example, get rid of the hanging indent (since your instrument type description won't actually flow to the next line, it is irrelevant), etc. Often getting rid of "everything else" around it temporarily (during development) can also help to isolate the troubled area and identify its cause. What version of Select are you using?