Security Issue

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

roteague

Security Issue

Post by roteague »

I'm trying to track down a security issue. The error I'm getting is:
Error: Security error.. Stack Trace: at SoftPro.ClientModel.Server.EnsureAuthenticated() at SoftPro.ClientModel.Server.GetService(Type serviceType, Boolean ensureAuthenticated) at SoftPro.ClientModel.Server.GetService[T]() at SoftPro.Select.Client.SelectServer.GetService[T]()
The code is being called from a WCF service, which is at the end of the Notification Subscription pipeline, running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert
Mark McKenna

Re: Security Issue

Post by Mark McKenna »

Hi Robert, what Select version are you running?

And to be sure I understand what your situation is, you have a WCF service that is being called called upon by our Event Notification service, and that you are attempting to access a SelectServer service from that WCF service. Could you post a bit of code that shows where the error occurs? Also, is this something that started happening after an upgrade, or is it new functionality that you are attempting to introduce, etc.
roteague

Re: Security Issue

Post by roteague »

Sorry, finally traced the issue down. We had SP2 files when running SP4. This was due to not installing SP4 until recently, and going by filedates, instead of file version. FWIW, we have been running this method for over a year.
Robert