automation fail running report

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
bozora

automation fail running report

Post by bozora »

Hi, I'm trying to run a report at midnight M-F. This is my first attempt running a report, and I received failure messages. My set up seems pretty straight forward, but I'm not running a code snippet. Is this the issue? Is there a standard code snippet that needs to be applied? My automation and the failures I received are below. Thanks! Callie

here's my automation as it was set up:
Rule:
Recurrence Weekly
Recur every 1 week on: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 12am CST

Then:
run Transaction Activity report
then save to my desktop

Failure messages I encountered:
1. The activity 'SwitchToReportContextActivity' encountered a failure.
2. The automation process zDaily Transaction Report failed. (Instance=9063a68e-f6e0-ee11-84f1-00155d198902)
3. The activity 'AutomationSessionScope' encountered a failure.
4. Error: The automation instance failed.
Stack Trace:
at SoftPro.Select.Server.Automation.Runtime.XamlWorkflowInstanceWorker.OnStart(EventArgs args, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at SoftPro.Select.Server.Automation.Runtime.WorkflowInstanceWorker.Start(EventArgs args, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at SoftPro.Select.Server.Automation.Runtime.WorkflowController.Start(WorkflowInstance instance, EventArgs args)
***********************************************************************************
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at SoftPro.ClientModel.ServiceProviderExtensions.GetService[T](IServiceProvider site)
at SoftPro.Reporting.Client.Report.Dispose()
at SoftPro.Reporting.Automation.Actions.SwitchToReportContextActivity.OnSwitch(NativeActivityContext context, Guid& classification, String& moniker, Object& instance, Boolean& locked)
at SoftPro.Select.Service.Automation.Activities.ProcessContextSwitchingActivity.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
mkelley

Re: automation fail running report

Post by mkelley »

You have called a method on an object that had a null value. Without posting code to the dev forum (simplified and sanitized) in a code block, it will be hard to tell what maybe the cause.