Failed to validate the package license. The license key is missing.

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

dn_garza

Failed to validate the package license. The license key is missing.

Post by dn_garza »

I have the below code and the PackageLicense.lic at the root level as well as in the Resources folder, however I am getting the error message: Failed to validate the package license. The license key is missing. I originally tried with only the PackageLicense.lic in the Resources folder and it didn't work. Not sure if having it in both places is an issue. Also not sure if the below is in the correct order. Any thoughts?

Code: Select all

[ProvideLicense("XXXXXXExtension.PackageLicense.lic")]
    [RegisterPackage("XXXXXX", "XXXXXX Orders Extension", "1.0.0.0", "PackageLicense", true)]
    [ProvideResources("XXXXXXExtension.Properties.Resources")]
    [RegisterProduct("XXXXXX", "XXXXXX Orders Extension", "1.0.0.0", "This package retrieves orders from XXXXXX.", "")]
    [Guid("XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX")]
vmrvichin

Re: Failed to validate the package license. The license key is missing.

Post by vmrvichin »

Is this a server package or a shell package, you are mixing the different package licensing attributes.
[RegisterPackage] is for shell projects while [ProvideLicense] is for server projects. There are 2 different 'Add a Package License' sections in the SDK help file with different instructions depending on what type of package you are attempting to license.
Vlad Mrvichin, Senior Software Developer, Custom Dev, SoftPro
dn_garza

Post by dn_garza »

This is a server package. I'll remove RegisterPackage and try again. Thanks
dn_garza

Post by dn_garza »

This and the fact that I forgot to change the build type to embedded resource fixed it. Thanks, again.