Changing Ownership Profile via Automation

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
B_Hinote

Changing Ownership Profile via Automation

Post by B_Hinote »

Is it possible to change the ownership provide via Automation, immediately after the order is opened?
BobRichards

Re: Changing Ownership Profile via Automation

Post by BobRichards »

Order ownership? Which ownership are you refererring to?

I have not tried but you should be able to change order ownership in an automation snippet.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
B_Hinote

Post by B_Hinote »

The one that is set on the Order Information Screen.

I know it was indicated that this was not possible several years back and apparently had something to do with Automation not having assigned profiles, which never made sense.

If API's have the ability to set the Ownership Profile of the Order I do not understand why Automation would not be able to do this too. Obviously, if something has been applied to the order that would prevent it from being changed, like Register Activity, I would expect Automation to Fail, but Otherwise, I do not see a reason why it could not be changed.

If it can be changed, can we do it by just setting the Order.OwnershipProfile.ID/Name or do we have to use a Tag or other method to change it?

We have a situation where orders are being opened in a Parrent Profile and we want to move them down to the correct profile as soon as the first order save has occurred.

Thank you
vmrvichin

Post by vmrvichin »

Is this the post you are referring to from several years back?

viewtopic.php?p=4685

The reasoning given in that post is still valid as to why automation cannot change the OwnershipProfile. There are rules within select for what values any field will accept as input. The rules in place around the OwnershipProfile field are such that the only values that field will accept are profiles for which the current user is assigned to. Since the automation user has no profiles assigned to it, then there would be no valid values available to set the OwnershipProfile to.
Vlad Mrvichin, Senior Software Developer, Custom Dev, SoftPro