Automation Process sometimes gets stuck on status of 4

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
bcole

Automation Process sometimes gets stuck on status of 4

Post by bcole »

I have (29+) SPS Automation Processes that run against each order "once" the first time the order is saved. I have noticed that occasionally 1 or more of the processes will get stuck with a status of 4 - "Unable to acquire lock on context 'Order {order #}' " permanently. The strange thing is, the order has long been closed. When I check the core.Lock table there are no locks for that order in the table. There is nothing wrong with the code, we are using code snippets and most are fairly straight forward. In addition, when I cancel the stuck Process, I'm able to restart it and it runs to completion quickly with no issue. So I have a few questions:

1) How can I over come this issue?
2) Is there anyway to cancel and restart the process in an automated way. Going through the UI will not be an option. Is it possible to update the SQL tables or can we use the SDK to restart the stuck processes?
3) Is there any way to prevent this from happening all together?
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
BobRichards

Re: Automation Process sometimes gets stuck on status of 4

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry but I don't have an immediate answer for you. I have had to forward your question to R&D. I'll provide you with a response after they research the issue.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
bcole

Post by bcole »

Thank you Bob. We will be heading into PROD in the next month, so it would be great to have a solution ahead of our release.

Thanks again
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Our dev working on issue cannot reproduce it under normal circumstances so it is beyond the scope of this forum. If you wish, you can contact SoftPro Customer Support to create a service ticket for additional help.

Sorry I can't help.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro