Exceptions / Requirements

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
bcole

Exceptions / Requirements

Post by bcole »

I need to be able to open an order via the SoftPro Select SDK, look at the order of the Requirements and Exceptions. I need to be able to re-order R & E within Softpro Select based on a business specific ordering logic. So my question is how best can this be achieved. Does the SDK provide a way to move Requirements and Exceptions up and down the way the Softpro Application allows you to? If that functionality doesn't exist in the SDK, can anyone provide and example of how it can be achieved through the database tables? I'm in a bit of a time crunch so any help would be greatly appreciated.
BobRichards

Re: Exceptions / Requirements

Post by BobRichards »

There is no out-of-the-box way to do this. The SDK would allow you to programmatically alter the order but you would have to have a good understanding of the order model. Requirement and Exception information is retained in the order itself. Copies of this information are written to the tables in the Select databases for reports. However, modifying the SQL tables will not alter the information in the order.

Bottom line, there is no "quick" way to do this nor pre-build logic laying around to perform this function. There are many ways to achieve what you are after, though.

Sorry I can't be of more help. You may want to contact the manager of our Custom Development department for additional information on this topic for the best solution to fit your needs. Contact Elliott.Potts@softprocorp.com.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro