Order Update subscription service error

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

sanjay.mittal

Order Update subscription service error

Post by sanjay.mittal »

Hi,

I am getting the following error when SPS applicaiton server tries to send an order update event to my WCF listner service.

General notification failure on '54'. The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9843744. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.

My test application works fine to reach the listner service.

A quick response will be really helpful.

Thanks
Sanjay
Mark McKenna

Re: Order Update subscription service error

Post by Mark McKenna »

Verify that the records in the EventNotification table are accurate. In particular, look at the event date, delivery address, and delivery kind. This is the queuing table from which event notifications are pulled and delivered by the delivery service. You may have entries that are out of date, point to addresses that no longer serve as endpoints, etc. Start there, and let us know what you find.
sanjay.mittal

Post by sanjay.mittal »

Mark,
I verified all the records in the EventNotification tables are correct. It processed the messages for couple of hours and then started throwing the error messages.

Thanks
Sanjay
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

One thing you might want to try is to wipe out all the records in that table. It sounds like the queue might be getting backed up, which is problematic because currently we will continue to retry everything in there over and over. Of course, if you remove those records you are effectively wiping out the notifications and they'll never be delivered, so if that's important be sure and back up the table data first.
sanjay.mittal

Post by sanjay.mittal »

Mark -

I tried that and restarted my listner service. I also reregistered the event subscription. It worked only for couple of hours and got the same error message again.

Thanks
Sanjay
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Sanjay, I've sent you an email requesting additional information.