Database filegroup full error

Discussions related to SoftPro Select user interface development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

bandorganman

Database filegroup full error

Post by bandorganman »

I got the following error while creating orders in the database:

Could not allocate space for object 'pfm.IndividualContact'.'PK_IndividualContact' in database 'SelectDb' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

The database does have autogrow set with a maximum size of unlimited. How do I fix this?
BobRichards

Re: Database filegroup full error

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry I do not have an answer. I have passed the question to R&D. I'll pass back any response.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

R&D has responded with potential fixes.

If you have autogrowth turned on and set to unlimited growth - you may have filled the up the disk. Or possibly if the database is getting large, it could need a large chunk of space on the disk for the next expansion of the database.

Here are some options.
  • Easiest would be to clean up space on the drive where the DB is currently at (assuming that is what is wrong).
  • Move the DB to a new drive (preferably dedicated to SQL).
bandorganman

Post by bandorganman »

Hi Bob, There is 1.13 TB of free space on the disk and it is defragmented every night. Any other ideas?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry but I do not. I can generally help with Select but not SQL. Not sure what is going on with your SQL instance.

The only thing I can think of is it possible to uninstall Select and blow away the databases then re-install Select? That should get development back going again and may be your only choice if Google lets you down.

Good luck. :)