Submit order to WorkFlow

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

joe.mag

Submit order to WorkFlow

Post by joe.mag »

I am developing for SoftPro Select 4.2.41028 but have also checked the 4.3 SDK in case it had additional information.

My understanding of Workflow and Workflow terminology may be impeding my progress so please bear that in mind!

I am trying to programmatically create a task on an order that is not currently submitted to Workflow and then do the submission.

I see the examples on this site about how to create a new task and when I execute that code on an order see my new Checklist task on the order once I apply the changes. I am marking the task as completed in hopes that it will submit the order to Workflow. The problem is that the order doesn't show up in the Work Order Manager with Workflow columns populated as I'd hoped. When I open the order I see the expected check list task completed so I think I must be missing a step. I have confirmed that the order is in a profile that has workflow enabled.

If someone can just point me to a sample that would be great!
BobRichards

Re: Submit order to WorkFlow

Post by BobRichards »

I have had to pass this question to a group that can answer this question. Unfortunately, many people are out this week so we may not have an answer until next week.

Sorry for the potentially slow turn around but it is in the queue.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
Pradeepa

Re: Submit order to WorkFlow

Post by Pradeepa »

Marking a task as Completed doesn't automatically submit the order to Workflow.

Unfortunately, we don't have API support for the Workflow functionality at this time. So we cannot submit the order to workflow using API.
Pradeepa Chandramohan
Software Engineer
SoftPro