Crystal Report Ready Document pulling data set from a Stored Procedure

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

mwalsh

Crystal Report Ready Document pulling data set from a Stored Procedure

Post by mwalsh »

SoftPro Support,

I need some assistance with configuring a Crystal Report Ready Document pulling data from a Stored Procedure with parameters. I have the report created and uploaded as a Ready Doc, but not sure where to configure the parameter values so they don't show as prompts. There are several parameters but only 1 needs a value passed ( {{order.number}}), the rest should be passed as null or not passed at all. Additionally, when I created the report, I used a database connection to our DEV environment. I'm assuming that once the document is loaded to an environment it will use the native database connection, is that correct? I'm Using CR Professional 11.5.

Thank you
Lisa Ennis

Re: Crystal Report Ready Document pulling data set from a Stored Procedure

Post by Lisa Ennis »

The Select program will set the database for you when running the report from the program. To do so, this requires connecting to the database using the OLE DB(ADO) database type and SQLOLEDB provider in Crystal.

Parameters passed from the program to the report/stored procedure without being prompted require specific naming conventions. Please see the attached document for details, specifically "Parameters passed by program, not prompted when rendered".

If you are wanting to pass the order number to the readydoc report without being prompted for it, you will need an integer parameter named @RootId#.

Hope this helps!
Attachments
Report Development with SoftPro Select.pdf
(453.61 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro
mwalsh

Post by mwalsh »

Thank you Lisa, this is very useful.

I'm still having an issue with the database connection. When I set the report up I used the data source values you indicated and pointing to our DEV SQL Server database. The report renders in Crystal and in our DEV version of SoftPro, but it is throwing an error when the document is rendered from PROD. Below is the error message from SoftPro. Thoughts?

[[04:42:03.209]] [0x00000002] Fault Code: http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelopeReceiver -> http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelopeCrystalRuntime
Reason: Log on failed.
Lisa Ennis

Post by Lisa Ennis »

That would be really hard for me to try and troubleshoot what your issue may be. It could be a permissions issue. Make sure you grant permission in your report's stored procedure. Please contact SoftPro Support for assistance with the error message.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro