Order Event Notification Data

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

JDavis

Order Event Notification Data

Post by JDavis »

I thought when we saw a demo of the Glenwood event notifications as coupld of months ago, that we would be able to see more data about the order. If I'm not mistaken, I thought I was shown an example where we could see the old values and the new values for the fields that changed. In the current version it looks like it only tells you what order has changed. Did implementation of this feature change since then?

Code: Select all

<OrderChangedEvent>
     <OrderID>11620d89-2cdb-dc11-bc76-000d56bacc84</OrderID>
     <IsNew>false</IsNew>
     <OrderNumber>2008020059</OrderNumber>
     <ChangedBy>RMT18937</ChangedBy>
</OrderChangedEvent>
John Morris

Re: Order Event Notification Data

Post by John Morris »

Due to current limitation within the business engine of Select, we cannot always provide that information as part of the event. There are a couple of events that do support that notion, but the vast majority do not. This is a known issue and we plan to address this limitation in a future release.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
JDavis

Post by JDavis »

Thanks John. Any list available for events that do this?
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

I will need to verfiy this with the developers. Of the top of my head, I think the InvoiceChanged event is one of them.

You can actually discover this information by dumping the registration data from the server. Executing the following command should get you an XML document with all the event information:

Code: Select all

C:\...SoftPro\Select Server\Tools\> sps.exe services /server:http://<your_server>/SelectServer /export:C:\export.xml
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
roteague

Post by roteague »

John Morris wrote:Due to current limitation within the business engine of Select, we cannot always provide that information as part of the event. There are a couple of events that do support that notion, but the vast majority do not. This is a known issue and we plan to address this limitation in a future release.
John,

I can see this being a big issue for us. We need to update several back-end systems, but having to do it for every OrderChanged event would really tax our infrastructure.
Robert