Registering Package client v2.4

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
muhsmann

Registering Package client v2.4

Post by muhsmann »

We've installed Select client version 2.4 SP4 on a test box. When I try to register my package I get the following:

C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select>"C:\Program Files\SoftPro\Select\spregpkg.exe" /m:register /p:PrintHandlerPackage.DLL
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
John Morris

Re: Registering Package client v2.4

Post by John Morris »

Ensure that all your package dependencies are in the same directory as the package dll or that they are registered in the GAC. If that doesn't resolve the issue, you'll need to use a .NET SDK utility called "fuslogvw" to determine which files are failing to be resolve by the .NET framework.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
muhsmann

Post by muhsmann »

John,
Is it possible that this could be caused by the fact the package dll in question has not been compiled under the current set of SP assemblies?
John Morris

Post by John Morris »

Yes, it's possible if your package was developed against a previous version of the app. For example, if your built against the 2.3 version, but are trying to register against the 2.4 version. Whenever we have major releases, you have to rebind against the latest versions. This is usually not needed in service pack scenarios.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
muhsmann

Post by muhsmann »

I got the v2.4 installed and rebuilt my dll and it registered fine. So I guess it was the version mismatch that caused it.