Omitting part of a field

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
cklahr

Omitting part of a field

Post by cklahr »

Hi,

I'm trying to pull the lender name in the Insured Mortgage field in Select. However, the field we want it to pull from has the ISAOA language pulling at the end, i.e. "Broadview Funding Inc., its successors and/or assigns, as their interests may appear".

Is there a way for me to pull the lender name preceding the ISAOA language only?

Thanks!
BobRichards

Re: Omitting part of a field

Post by BobRichards »

In this example, I created a Lender contact with the name of "Lenny Lender" as the only lender in the order.

You can select the name of the first lender with this code:

Code: Select all

{{Order.Lenders[1].Name}} is the lender.
It yields the following text.
Lenny Lender is the lender.
If this is not what you are after, let me know.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am aware of that option, however, in this case we want to pull specifically from the Proposed Insured field, as it sometimes differs from the Lender name.

Please advise if there's a solution to that.

Thank you so much!
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Can you please provide the field code you are using?
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

See below.

Thank you!

Value = {{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.Loan.SecurityInstrument.InstrumentType}} + " made by " + {{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.Loan.SecurityInstrument.BorrowerNames}} + " to " + {{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.LoanPolicy.ProposedInsured}} + " dated as of "
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I have passed this question to out Docs group and I'll update it when I get a response. Thanks!
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Here is the response from the Docs folks...
It would make sense to use the {{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation].LoanPolicy.Lender.Name}} field as you indicated, since their objective is to display ONLY the Lender Name.

HOWEVER, there is a way to “omit” or “exclude” information from a given field – but, it’s somewhat complicated to do so.

If, AND ONLY IF, the information that follows the Lender Name will ALWAYS be the same (verbatim) “, its successors and/or assigns” , then this coding could be used to pull ONLY the Lender Name that precedes this verbiage:

<VAR $End (InString({{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.LoanPolicy.ProposedInsured}},”, its successors”)-1)>
<CALC (SubString({{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.LoanPolicy.ProposedInsured}},1,{{$End}}))>

However, I think your solution makes more sense --- since, the field he is using appears to simply be a combination of {{Order.Lenders.Name}} + {{Order.Lenders.ProposedInsuredClause}}
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Thank you so much!! This is what I was trying to accomplish and it works great! However, this formula works in a document, but not from one field to another in the "Formula Editor" section of a field. Do you know if that is a possibility? It's showing as a "Syntax error".

Thanks.
cklahr

Post by cklahr »

Hi, following up on this. Any update?
wsanders

Post by wsanders »

The main difference with this is that functions don't allow variables. You have to be fully explicit. This worked for me:

SubString({{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.LoanPolicy.ProposedInsured}},1,InString({{.Parent{TitleInsuranceCalculation}.LoanPolicy.ProposedInsured}},", its successors")-1)