Verify package is working

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

dn_garza

Verify package is working

Post by dn_garza »

Are there any tips to help verify that a package added to the server is successfully performing? The starter package that comes with the sdk, I've created a package from that and added it to the server. The code says that if an order over $1million attempts to be saved, the save will be cancelled with a particular reason. If I create an order and then add a sales price of way over $1million, nothing happens - despite the package having been added to the server.
BobRichards

Re: Verify package is working

Post by BobRichards »

If you have the Select server on your local machine, then add breakpoints to the code and do a debug build. This will allow you to fully debug the server package.

Be sure to stop the currently running Select server instance since only one instance can run at a time and your debugging will start its own server instance.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
dn_garza

Re: Verify package is working

Post by dn_garza »

Thanks for replying, Bob. Even with the Select server stopped, I got this 'System.Net.HttpListenerException: 'Failed to listen on prefix 'XXXX' because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine.' I actually had to go to the task manager and stop the instance from there despite it being stopped through select services. Running debug after this worked and trying to save an order failed due to the reason stated in code. Unfortunately that leaves me confused as to why when I added the package directly to the server the result was not the same.