Prompt in document footer

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
nickparker-hsoa

Prompt in document footer

Post by nickparker-hsoa »

I have a custom field that is set as a prompt and that is then coded into a ReadyBloc that is later referenced on the main document in the footer. When I render the document, the prompt does not come up. Is there a way to prompt from a ReadyBloc that is set as a footer or another work around?

Screen shots of the custom field, document footer and readybloc have been attached.
Attachments
ReadyBloc text.jpg
ReadyBloc text.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
ReadyDoc footer.jpg
ReadyDoc footer.jpg (26.14 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
custom field.jpg
custom field.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 11834 times
nickparker-hsoa

Re: Prompt in document footer

Post by nickparker-hsoa »

Hi - checking to see if there was any update on this question?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I have sent this to our Documents group. I will reply with any response I get. I don't know when I will hear back since they are a separate group. Feel free to ping me again if you don't hear back from me in a reasonable amount of time.

Sorry for the delay.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

This needs to be added to the HEADER of the document.

Code: Select all

<VAR $Fax (“”)><IF (IsEmpty({{Order.ReturnToEscrowOfficeFaxNumber##}}))><VAR $Fax ({{Order.Escrow.Office.Fax}})><ELSE><VAR $Fax ({{Order.ReturnToEscrowOfficeFaxNumber##}})></IF>
Because our rendering engine renders HEADERS and FOOTERS before the body of the document, the value assigned to the $Fax variable must be established prior to the rendering of the footer, which is where the ReadyBloc reference (<REF (ftg_EscrowOfficeFooter_PrivatePayoffEnglish##)>) is located.

Once the variable coding above is added to the header, the data is rendered as expected.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro