High level installation questions

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
otherfox

High level installation questions

Post by otherfox »

Hello, I am new to Softpro. I was given an SDK and directed to this forum when I requested API documentation. I have a few high level questions. I am trying to integrate a client's SoftPro Select with a custom web application. After reading a few posts, It seems that the SDK needs to be installed on the clients server running SoftPro select (what if there are on a cloud based plan?) I am assuming to expose the SoftPro API and I have to do so using an outdated version of visual studio. After this is set up is there any documentation around authentication, api calls, etc. ? I need to spec out the development effort required to complete the integration and haven't found much to work worth. Any help is appreciated.
vmrvichin

Re: High level installation questions

Post by vmrvichin »

The SDK needs to be installed on the machine (along with the select client) that you want to do development on. Visual Studio 2019 is currently the latest version supported. Once you get the SDK and client installed on a development machine, a .chm (SelectSdk.chm) will get generated in the SDK install folder which defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select SDK that help file contains some examples and lots of other information to help you get started interacting with select.
Vlad Mrvichin, Senior Software Developer, Custom Dev, SoftPro