Cannot Run Debug Instance From VS

Discussions related to SoftPro Select Server development.

Moderator: Phil Barton

dlerickson

Cannot Run Debug Instance From VS

Post by dlerickson »

I'm trying to run a Server integration project in debug, and am encountering the following error:

Failed to setup additional package. Error: Could not load file or assembly 'SoftPro.Select.Service, Version=4.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3834c39820615aaf' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Stack Trace:
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at SoftPro.Select.PackageManager.GetAdditionalPackages(String packagesPath, IEnumerable`1 additionalPackages)

I'm referencing the server DLLs (located in the standard install directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SoftPro\Select Server\Instances\spssvr) directly from my project and this error still seems to crop up. The server version is 4.3.60210.108

There is no reference to a version 4.6.0.0 anywhere in the project or the DLL references. What would be causing this error to pop up? I'm running the Select Adminstrative Service and the Select Hosting Service, but NOT the Select server itself, as that was causing other errors to occur.
PaulMcCullough

Re: Cannot Run Debug Instance From VS

Post by PaulMcCullough »

It sounds like you are probably using the 4.6 version of the SDK. That version is not compatible with Select 4.3. Please reach out to your SoftPro Sales Representative to get the installer for the 4.3 SDK.