Connection to AWS

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

SDemarais

Connection to AWS

Post by SDemarais »

I'm trying to connect my database to Amazon Web Services for analytics and reporting. I can get to the company contacts for the listing agent and selling agent, but not the individuals. When I try to find my product types and escrow officers all I see is binary code. Is there an additional step that I need to complete?
BobRichards

Re: Connection to AWS

Post by BobRichards »

Please submit your code.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
SDemarais

Post by SDemarais »

I'm sorry, this is my first post. What code are you referring to?
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Basically, I don't know how you are getting the information you are so I can't help. Is it from a database query or are you opening the order object and getting the information (the preferred way to get most information)? If you are using an AWS service to examine your Select SQL database, then many things may not be available to you.

Or more concisely, what are you trying to do.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
SDemarais

Post by SDemarais »

I'm connecting AWS to my database server directly. It's pulling my information, however if I search by Escrow Officer, I don't get names, I get 00AAD9D9-EFB9-43EC-8D8B-50C617ECAFB4. It will pull company names, but not the individuals underneath. Is there anyway to hook the SQL database to do full analytics?
Lisa Ennis

Post by Lisa Ennis »

To get the name of the escrow officer, you would join the pfm.Escrow table to the core.SecurityIdentity table. This would be the join:
pfm.Escrow AS E JOIN core.SecurityIdentity AS SI ON E.ID=SI.ID

Additional information for the person is also in the core.SecurityUser table and joins on the ID as well.
Lisa Ennis
Senior Report Developer
SoftPro