Stealing an order using the API

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
enendza

Stealing an order using the API

Post by enendza »

Hi -

With the SoftPro SDK is there a way that my unattended (no UI just a scheduled task running) process can "steal" an order from another user?

Thanks
BobRichards

Re: Stealing an order using the API

Post by BobRichards »

No. The API is just another client user as far as Select is concerned. In Select versions with multi-user enabled, you can "share" a writeable copy of the order but there is no way to kick out a user with an open order.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
rhamaoui

Post by rhamaoui »

Hi,
I am following up on this we are using the following select version 4.3.60210.119.
Have there been any changes in terms of us being able to "Steal" an order from a user.
If not, is there a possibility of displaying a pop up to the user asking them to exit the user so our automated console application can finish updating select?
Currently from the Select UI this pop up comes up when a user requests an order from another user - is there anyway to trigger this functionality from the Select API.
Thank you in advance.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

There is no change with respect to "stealing the order" from another user. I will pass this question to R&D to see if they can provide code to send a user a popup message. As you realize, this would not be a huge step towards your goal since the user could have stepped out for lunch and left the order open - but it will be the best option available. :)

I will let you know when R&D gets back to me but I don't expect it to be in the next couple weeks.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
rhamaoui

Post by rhamaoui »

Hi,
Following up on this ;) Any updates?
This would be very helpful for our team