Security Error

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

stanleyglass

Security Error

Post by stanleyglass »

I am setting up an API to have the communication from Softpro to our system. I subscribed to the events and they fire as they should, but when we look up the order in Softpro with our code I get the not so helpful error "Security error". If I run this on my local system I get the order. I have look on this board and found at least several other who have had this issue in the past, but there does not seem to be a resolution (viewtopic.php?p=4072&hilit=security+error#p4072). We do no use the PIN info when signing in and locally we have never had to do that as well. All of the accounts set up to work with Softpro are AD accounts.

Code that fails.

Code: Select all

var creds = new NetworkCredential(username, password, domain);
            using (var ss = new SelectServer(new Uri(softProServer), creds))
            {
                string reason;
                if (!ss.TryAuthenticate(out reason)) throw new Exception(reason);
Not sure why this would work in my local, but not on the server.
stanleyglass

Re: Security Error

Post by stanleyglass »

• Softpro Version: 4.3
  • .Net Version: 4.6 (fails in 4.6.1 as well)
  • Credentials have been checked and confirmed to be correct.
  • I also tried to remove the creds from the line

Code: Select all

using (var ss = new SelectServer(null, new Uri(softProServer)))
BobRichards

Re: Security Error

Post by BobRichards »

Here are some of the usual suspects.
  • Is your product using the same version DLLs as the server (not just 4.3, but the same assembly and file versions). Get them from working copies of Select on machines that do not have any issue. Older version DLLs will not work.
  • Our later version product uses .Net Framework 4.8.
  • You mentioned you login account uses AD so that should be fine.
  • You said it works in some environments but not others - is the Select Server version the same in both instances? Can they communicate?
  • The real compliance test is to install the Select Client in the questionable environment and see if it can connect using the same user/password that is used for your product. Make sure it can.
Thoughts?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro