Missing DLL?

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
BobRichards

Re: Missing DLL?

Post by BobRichards »

Is the specified DLL (Microsoft.AI.ServerTelemetryChannel.dll) in with the other SoftPro DLLs?

It should be installed in both the client (C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select) and server (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SoftPro\Select Server\Instances\spssvr) locations. (I can't tell which set you are using.)

I see, I can see that the DLL references "Microsoft.ApplicationInsights.dll". Make sure that is in the folder also.

Basically - make sure that you have all the DLLs for the Select client (or server) solution you are using.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
mike.dice

Post by mike.dice »

I have this problem too. The first sample I tried to build for SoftPro. The code is below. The first time ss.TryAuthenticate failed the reason string said I was missing Microsoft.ApplicationInsights. So I added that with 'manage Nuget packages and tried again. Now it says I am missing Microsoft.AI.ServerTelemetryChannel and that package is not available for install from nuget.org. I'm using Visual Studio 2019 pro on Win 10. Now I am stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Sample

{
// Log into mid-tier with Windows credentials.
using (SelectServer ss = new SelectServer(new Uri("xxxxx")))
{
ss.ChooseProfile += new EventHandler<ChooseProfileEventArgs>(ss_ChooseProfile);

string reason;

if (!ss.TryAuthenticate(out reason))
{
Console.WriteLine(reason);
return;
}

Console.WriteLine("Authentication to Softpro succeeded");

// TODO: Insert your code here.
}
}
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

If you are writing a client package (or standalone executable that uses the client package), pull all the DLLs you need from a Select client install folder (for instance from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select"). They are all there.

If you need server package DLLs, get them from a server instance (if instance, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SoftPro\Select Server\Instances\spssvr").

There is no NuGet for Select 4.3 DLLs. Go directly to the source.

Be aware that when you upgrade to a new version of Select, the Select DLLs will need to be upgraded as well.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
mike.dice

Post by mike.dice »

I'm using the Visual Studio 'SoftPro Select Console Application' project wizard that the SoftPro Select SDK installer installed on my computer. Is it a bug that the SoftPro Select SDK's wizard does not generate projects that compile and run without the need to go find and copy SDK files? Just curious. I don't mind copying files around if that is what is needed.
mike.dice

Post by mike.dice »

By the way clearing out my project references from the wizard generated project pointing my project references to files in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SoftPro\Select' worked totally fine. Thanks to Bob for the pointer.