Active Lookup Scope Suppressing Child Change Events

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

B_Hinote

Active Lookup Scope Suppressing Child Change Events

Post by B_Hinote »

Let me first say that I am not a developer, but I have a question about an issue that a Developer has explained as SPS's "Active Lookup Scope".

As it has been explained to me, during the time that SPS Is Activity Loading the Supporting/Child Fields from a Lookup Table the SPS Interface will Actively Suppress and Dismiss All Other Lookup Code Change Events that could occur until the Last Fields/Values from the Lookup Table have been loaded to the interface.

(As an example)
We develop a Subroutine that Assigns a Predefined "Policy Code" to the Title Insurance Premium Screen, a "Policy Lookup Code" to the Commitment Schedule A Screen, and various other Default Values that may be needed. Then we Condition this Routine to Only be called the First Time the IsMarketing Source Checkbox has been Checked on a Contact.

If a User Manually Checks the Is Marketing Source Field on the Contact Screen, this will Fire the Subroutine, Apply the Default Values to the various Lookup Fields, and Loads All Supporting Fields/Values relative to the Lockup Values applied to each Screen Field. (i.e. Descriptions, Premiums, Calculations, etc.)

However, if a User enters a Lookup Code for a Contact that has the Is Marketing Source Field Pre-Checked this tool Fires the Subroutine, Applies the Default Values to the various Lookup Fields of the other screens, but Does Not Loan any of the Supporting Fields/Values related to the Lookup Values that were applied to each screen. (i.e. NO Descriptions, Premiums, Calculations, etc. are loaded on any of the screens.) I am told this is being controlled by the SPS Interface.

My question is if this is Truly the Expected Behavior and if so, is there any way to suppress this behavior, force the values to load the Supporting Fields on each Screen, or Call the Subroutine after the "Active Lookup Scope" that apparently persists until the Overall Lookup Code Event has completed?

I am hoping to pass possible suggestions on to the developer.

Thank you
BobRichards

Re: Active Lookup Scope Suppressing Child Change Events

Post by BobRichards »

Can you provide us with the steps you use to set up the order - simplified as much as possible. Also, what is meant by a "subroutine"? Is is a Custom Order Rule(s) or Automation Snippet?
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
B_Hinote

Re: Active Lookup Scope Suppressing Child Change Events

Post by B_Hinote »

This issue has been Resolved.

Solution:
The Developers found that if they ran the Additional Method through a Shell, using BeginInvoke as opposed to calling the Method Directly, this allowed the Load of the Contact Details to Finish Loading and freed the application to fire any other Lookup Requirements that could occur when subsequent Lookup Code Fields were loaded on other screens.

Answers to your questions:
You asked, "What is meant by "subroutine"? - Back in my day of developing code, a "Subroutine" was a sequence of program instructions that performs a specific task, packaged as a unit. This unit could then be used in programs wherever that particular task should be performed. (i.e. A Reusable Set of Code that performed the same action over and over.)

The Original Code was a Client-Side Package.

Thank you.