Using lower case alphabetic numbering

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
Miri Yosef

Using lower case alphabetic numbering

Post by Miri Yosef »

I have noticed that the <FOREACH ASK LETTER> will result in numbering the selected items with alphabetic capital letters, is there an option for lower case letters. I want the result to be a) b) c) and not A. B. C.

Thanks
Miri Yosef
Mark McKenna

Re: Using lower case alphabetic numbering

Post by Mark McKenna »

You have a couple of options to try.

1. You could try using SMLETTER instead. We currently support five automatic numbering formats:

NUMBER (1,2,3)
LETTER (A,B,C)
SMLETTER (a,b,c)
ROMAN (I,II,III)
SMROMAN (i,ii,iii)

However, we currently do not allow for further markup-based customizations such as replacing the "after character" period with a parenthesis, for example.

2. You could also use "real" list numbering inside the FOREACH and see if that works for your case. Just apply list numbering to the paragraph inside the FOREACH block using your word processor's numbering feature. Each new paragraph that is generated during the iteration will assume that same list format, but since it is a "real" list, it will continue the numbering correctly. If this works in your case, it would allow you to assume tighter control of the format (e.g. using the parenthesis, controlling the starting offset, etc.).

<FOREACH ASK {{.Loan}}>
a) Loan Number: {{.LoanNumber}} <COMMENT>This uses "real" list numbering</COMMENT>
</FOREACH>
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Thanks, I was not aware of these functionalities. Are there any other functions to the <FOREACH> besides <FOREACH ASK> and <FOREACH ASK NUMBER>?
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

In addition to the 5 numbered list formats I covered earlier, you can use:

BULLET: Applies bulleting to the list, instead of numbering.
RESUME: Continues numbering from a previous list.
NOLIST: Suppress numbering (this is handy when the list is autonumbering - like with requirements/exceptions - but you want to suppress that behavior).

Examples:

<FOREACH BULLET {{.Loan}}>
<FOREACH ASK NOLIST {{.ReqExc}}>
<FOREACH RESUME {{.HUD}}>
Miri Yosef

Post by Miri Yosef »

Thanks