Issue with SoftPro server

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

ngillet

Issue with SoftPro server

Post by ngillet »

In our dev server we are trying to access the docs from SoftPro but when the line "ss.EnsureAuthenticated();" is executed it shows only loading.

The line before this line is "SelectServer ss = new SelectServer(URL, creds)" is executed successfully with URL "http://NVES4:8081" and creds contain username "Admin" and Password .

Our SoftPro version is "4.3.60210.119"
Attachments
dociisue.PNG
dociisue.PNG (18.9 KiB) Viewed 9117 times
BobRichards

Re: Issue with SoftPro server

Post by BobRichards »

EnsureAuthenticated() is not doing anything for you. Instead, you should follow the example from the SDK from the HowTo/Standalone Application Development/Create an Order topic.

Code: Select all

try {
    NetworkCredential creds = new NetworkCredential("admin", "Passw0rd", "[SERVER]");
    using (SelectServer ss = new SelectServer(new Uri("http://localhost:8080"), creds))
    {
        string reason;
        if (!ss.TryAuthenticate(out reason))
        {
            // Write login failure reason to console and exit.
            Console.WriteLine(reason);
            return;
        }

// User account logged in...
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
ngillet

Post by ngillet »

I have added your code also but when hit comes to "if (!ss.TryAuthenticate(out reason))" this line as I execute this line hit never comes back and I am not able to get "reason"
Note: All code is running fine on local host and on prod site, I am facing this problem when I host the code on iis for dev site .Previously this is running fine on dev site also but from past few days I facing this problem
Attachments
newCode.PNG
newCode.PNG (35.04 KiB) Viewed 9107 times
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I'm afraid I don't work with IIs implementations.

From your last post, you said everything was working fine until a couple days ago. Are any event log messages created? Did you upgrade IIS or Select. What has changed in the past few days? Perhaps there is an issue with the Select install. At this point, I would try reinstalling Select and your dev test code to see if it has any effect.

Sorry I can't help much but good luck. :)
ngillet

Post by ngillet »

Select Server variable ss does not get AuthenticationUserID value .
Please suggest some solution if you have or suggest to whom should I connect for this so that my problem will be solved?
Attachments
ErrorPopup.PNG
ErrorPopup.PNG (22.24 KiB) Viewed 9100 times
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Verify that you can connect to the same server on the machine you are running your code on with the Select UI application USING THE SAME USERNAME/PASSWORD.

If you say everything was working a few days ago, something about the environment changed. Perhaps because the Select server cannot connect to the database without error? Did you look in the event logs on the local machine and the server? It sounds like the client sent the request to the Server and it is taking a long time to respond. Are there any Select Server or SQL timeout errors in the event log?

Can you show me the line where your credentials are set (creds = ...). It appears that you are using a Select user and I want to verify that it looks similar to below. Note that the third parameter must be "[SERVER]" if the user is a Select user (not an Active Directory user).

Code: Select all

NetworkCredential creds = new NetworkCredential("admin", "Passw0rd", "[SERVER]");
ngillet

Post by ngillet »

I have checked the event logs but I find no error in it.
private static NetworkCredential creds = new NetworkCredential(username, password, "[SERVER]");------This is the line

when I run the application which is in Visual Studio through local host it give me documents in the output successfully on the same server when I host the application on iis then we are not able to get the documents because as "ss.EnsureAuthenticated();" this line executed hit does not come back.
Is there any setting which I have to do on iis so that we are able to access the SoftPro dlls to get the documents its something which is related to SoftPro dlls.
Please connect with us between 8:00 AM to 9:30 PM IST so that we are able to fix this problem.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry, but I do not work with IIS so I can't help you diagnose issues in an ISS environment.

Have you wrapped the code in a try/catch block to see if it ultimately returns a timeout exception?

It is beyond the scope of this forum to call individual customers. If you need more in-depth assistance, please contact to the development manager of the Custom Applications group - Elliott Potts (Elliott.Potts@softprocorp.com).