Section Break Issues

Discussions related to ReadyDoc development.
elimalone19

Section Break Issues

Post by elimalone19 »

We are experiencing two issues with our commitment document which I believe are related. The first issue is that when a lot of exceptions are added, or the legal description is really long the footer starts to display {{page}} of {{numPages}} instead of actually pulling through the page numbers. The second issue is that when there are just enough requirements to reach the bottom of the page, but not enough to continue on to the next page, a blank page is inserted.

I believe that both of these issues are related to section breaks. The page number issue seems to be happening somewhere in Exhibit A (continued). I suspect that having a section break inside of an IF statement may be causing this issue.

Is anyone familiar with these two issues? After playing around with section breaks and formatting in word to no avail, I thought I would ask someone with more ReadyDoc experience.

I'll attach the commitment ReadyDoc and the footer ReadyBloc.
Attachments
DOC_700180_ALTACommitment2016.doc
(56 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Com_ExhibitA_Footer.doc
(10 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
BobRichards

Re: Section Break Issues

Post by BobRichards »

I'll pass this to someone with more ReadyDoc experience. I'll let you know what they say.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
elimalone19

Post by elimalone19 »

Thank you!
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

I received word from one our Documents team members:

Select automatically adds a hard return after each requirement and exception so when one is shown at the bottom of the page the extra hard return is what is causing the blank page. There are a couple of things you can try:
1.png
1.png (21.17 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
For the page numbering, I’m not sure if this will resolve the issue however when you do have an IF Statement and need a section break, it needs to be setup with a Section break continuous then the opening IF Statement and then a page break. I would try updating this to see if this resolves the page number issue.
2.png
2.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
elimalone19

Post by elimalone19 »

That did that trick! Both of those issues seem to be resolved now. The only difference is that I had to put the section/page break here instead of where you indicated:
Screenshot 2022-03-25 083401.png
Screenshot 2022-03-25 083401.png (10.85 KiB) Viewed 4236 times
Thank you so much!!!