No Crystal Reports Runtime

Discussions related to Crystal Reports development.

Moderator: Lisa Ennis

czentman

No Crystal Reports Runtime

Post by czentman »

We reported this issue via email but I believe there has no been no resolution given to us yet. The only computers that can run any crystal reports out of Select are those computers that have crystal reports installed on their machines. We should not have to buy Citrix or Crystal licenses to run reports from Select. We need to have some sort of crystal runtime. Please advise.
Mark McKenna

Re: No Crystal Reports Runtime

Post by Mark McKenna »

You are correct. The Select client installation provides a Crystal Reports runtime environment through which we generate reports. We have seen cases, however, where a Select upgrade installation will actually remove the previously existing Crystal runtime, which we've resolved by reinstalling the client. It is an issue that we are looking in to. To what email address did you submit your support request?
czentman

Post by czentman »

I just was emailing Sam Anderson about it and he said he was still working on the issue.

I'm not totally understanding though because I thought Sam did uninstall and reinstall the client when he did the upgrade. Can I just get a separate install for just the crystal runtime?
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Just to follow up on this thread, I believe someone from our Implementation department has contacted you directly in order to help troubleshoot this Crystal Reports issue you are having.