360 Email Notifications

Questions about and code samples for automation process code snippets within Select.
lukewautier

360 Email Notifications

Post by lukewautier »

I've been looking into using the automations for the purpose of notifying users when their 360 transaction is ready. I can see that the filter criteria allows me to catch the event, but I'm wondering if there is a way to reference the person that ordered this transaction.

I would either want to create a task assigned to this user, or create two custom fields to store the user reference and a flag to mark the 360 order as ready. Leveraging the secondary method would require the use of the SDK to extract this information and send out the email notification at a later time.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
BobRichards

Re: 360 Email Notifications

Post by BobRichards »

Sorry but this is not possible through the Automation interface.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
lukewautier

Post by lukewautier »

Is there any other means of creating this functionality? Notifications to the user who ordered a product in 360 seems like an important feature.
BobRichards

Post by BobRichards »

Unfortunately I am not a member of the 360 group so I cannot provide further guidance. All that was reported to me was that while some of the data might be available in data tables, the data from the 360 view would only be the user’s full name, not an email or other identifier.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro
Kolinski

Post by Kolinski »

You could use a combination of automation and the Task Notification Tool (TNT) to accomplish this.

When a certain 360 process is marked as ready then add a "360 process ready" task via automation. That task would then fire off the TNT which would send an email. As far as notifying the specific person who ordered it; if they were one of the preset TNT selections within the file (Escrow Officer, Escrow Assistant, Title Officer, Marketing Rep...) that could easily be done. Otherwise you could create a separate process ready task for each user which would rely on "360 transaction created by contains..." rule in the automation.

We use this method for a few different 360 processes and it works well once its set up.