Exception handling in LoadDocument

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
muhsmann

Exception handling in LoadDocument

Post by muhsmann »

I have successfully implemented the IDocumentStorage interface. However, I noticed something that I believe was workded different in the previous version of Select - if I encounter and error in the LoadDocument method implementation and throw an exception back to Select the application aborts. Any the exception that is in my SaveDocument implementation are caught and displayed to the user with noting that the document was not saved and exception message.
I would think that exceptions thrown in LoadDocument, SaveDocument, and RemoveDocument would be handled pretty much the same - catch the error and inform the user the document could not be rendered, saved, or removed along with the exception message text. I believe the previous version of Select handled this as I described - I'm wondering if this an issue in Select or is this something I need to work around. I think I'm working with the Morgan version .63 - but I'm not positive and I couldn't find the version information in the application the normal Help-> About does not exist that I can see.
Mark McKenna

Re: Exception handling in LoadDocument

Post by Mark McKenna »

For the time being, throw a System.IO.IOException. I've entered this as a bug in our tracking system - thanks for bringing it to our attention.
Hadi Chemaly

Re: Exception handling in LoadDocument

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

muhsmann wrote:I think I'm working with the Morgan version .63 - but I'm not positive and I couldn't find the version information in the application the normal Help-> About does not exist that I can see.
You can view the Select version and package information by clicking on the Application Menu bubble (top left corner) and choosing "Select Options".