Updating the TreeXml Field

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
amerrill

Updating the TreeXml Field

Post by amerrill »

I'm looking to build custom document trees through SQL rather than through the GUI as I think it could be more time efficient to manage. It looks like this is largely if not entirely done by updating the TreeXml field in the doc.DocumentTreeView table. The documents appear to be linked to try by name only, I haven't found another association yet.

Ideally I'd like to be able to create a whole ReadyDoc Tree through SQL without having to create anything in Select but I'm also equally happy to create a blank ReadyDoc Tree in Select which I then define the structure of through SQL via updating the doc.DocumentTreeView.TreeXml. If my assumptions are correct, the main obstacle is the generating unique IDs for the folders in the XML.

Is there a method to generate these UIDs for folders through SQL or do I need to build the entire folder structures in Select to generate the XML then fill in the individual documents within each tree?
John Morris

Re: Updating the TreeXml Field

Post by John Morris »

We do not support the types of modifications you're looking to pursue. However, you may find luck in creating a custom doc tree provider for the shell. That allows you manage your tree data however you want so long as your provider implements the tree contract correctly.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro