New lookup table defined with AppendOrUpdate behavior, but Import From File feature does not respect that setting

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

toddsou

New lookup table defined with AppendOrUpdate behavior, but Import From File feature does not respect that setting

Post by toddsou »

Hi-

I’ve defined a new lookup table using the AppendOrUpdate behavior for new entries.

Then, when I use the “Import from File” feature to bulk import entries from my spreadsheet (which contains duplicates), it displays a success message which confirms that # of rows were imported from my spreadsheet (dupes included). And so, the Lookup Table editor now contains the dupes. ( I expected the aforementioned behavior to treat my dupes as updates to existing entries and NOT add another grid row for each of them.)

Thus, when I attempt to Save my edits, I get an error because duplicates exist in the grid.

Bug or user error ?

Thanks.
BobRichards

Re: New lookup table defined with AppendOrUpdate behavior, but Import From File feature does not respect that setting

Post by BobRichards »

Importing from spreadsheets requires that you clean up your data before you submit it to Select (no duplicates in input spreadsheet).
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro