Can I change the ServiceEvent Data

Discussions concerning general integration topics.

Moderator: Phil Barton

vaetgt1

Can I change the ServiceEvent Data

Post by vaetgt1 »

This is a two part question, and for me it revolves around the OrderClosed event

1. Can I change the data returned by this event, I would like to seethe name of the user who closed the order
2. If I can change the data returned, will it remain in place as new versions of SPS Cameron are installed.

By way of explanation, here in FNF we have to update SPS orders with data from NextAce, however frequently when we get the NextAce data to update the order, it is opened, and therefore locked, by some user. So we cannot perform the update.
We plan to use the OrderCLosed event to tell us a user has closed and order and therefore we can perform our update.
However, when we perform the update (for which we have a special user name) and close the order the event is fired again, thus starting our process all over again, and again...
If we could see the user who "closed" the order we could ignore the event when that user was our own system.
John Morris

Re: Can I change the ServiceEvent Data

Post by John Morris »

No, you cannot modify our event.
John Morris
Sr. Software Architect
SoftPro
BobRichards

Re: Can I change the ServiceEvent Data

Post by BobRichards »

You should use the LockReleased notification instead. It will provide the order Guid and the user information.

Of course you must still be mindful that a user may have opened your target order between the time the order lock was released and your handler runs.
Bob Richards, Senior Software Developer, SoftPro