Changing default "start up" monitor

Discussions related to installation and setup of SoftPro products.
joe.mag

Changing default "start up" monitor

Post by joe.mag »

We run SoftPro Select on a terminal server so my users run the Remote Desktop Client to access SoftPro. Most of my users also have dual monitors attached to their desktop computers. While some users run with the SoftPro RDC open on only one of their monitors, some operate in the mode where the RDC spans both monitors. In these cases it appears that Select always opens on the primary monitor. Even if you do the whole "drag to secondary and close Select" Select doesn't remember this repositioning upon the next run. This means my users who want to have, for example, their left monitor as their primary but have Select open on the right monitor have to move it every time they log onto the terminal server. While it's hardly a huge burden, it is annoying to have to do every login.

I note in the Select.user.config file that there are keys for LastWindowHeight and LastWindowWidth but no settings for top and left.

Is there any approved (or even undocumented hack) to specify the start position for the window?

TIA.
john.morton

Re: Changing default "start up" monitor

Post by john.morton »

I know of no settings that can be used to adjust which monitor the Select client will open on. There are, however, third party applications designed to manage multiple monitors, and several of them have the ability to specify opening applications on one monitor versus another. That being said, using a tool like this on a terminal server might have unforeseen consequences.