OrderTracking.Client Compatibility with VS2010

Discussions related to order tracking development with the ProForm module.

Moderator: Phil Barton

sschonfeld

OrderTracking.Client Compatibility with VS2010

Post by sschonfeld »

It seems that the OrderTracking.Client dll is not compatible Visual Studio 2010. When imported into a project with a target framework of 4.0 there are no errors, but the pages freeze up and the program closes down. With a target framework of 3.5 it won't accept the dll at all, with a possible error that the dll "doesn't contain any public member". Visual Studio 2008 allows the dll to be imported without any problems.

Is there an updated dll we would need for this?

Thanks.
Randy Mellow

Re: OrderTracking.Client Compatibility with VS2010

Post by Randy Mellow »

I apologize for taking so long to respond. I set up a project targeted to the 4.0 framework and referencing the Select 2.6 libraries (i.e. one of them was SoftPro.OrderTracking.Client.dll) and did not run into any problems nor did I receive the errors you mention. My project did use the order tracking interface. Can you provide more specific information about your project? It may be something else that you are utilizing that causes this problem with the Select library files.
ckootg

Post by ckootg »

The second entry in this post may help you. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177&p=903&hilit=ordertracking#p903

The lastest Crystal reports runtime can be downloaded from http://www.businessobjects.com/jump/xi/ ... efault.asp. Download and run the "SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Standard" one.
sschonfeld

Post by sschonfeld »

Thanks for your replies.
I encountered the error when converting the existing project to a later version and target framework. Something must've been corrupted on the conversion because when I created a brand new project targeted to the 4.0 framework and referencing the same Select 2.6 libraries, I didn't have any problems at all.
Thanks.