You have to have a profile selected to login?

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
kqian

You have to have a profile selected to login?

Post by kqian »

I am trying to open an order programmatically, but got this error - "You have to have a profile selected to login". I am using a newly-created custom account.
I don't know where to select profile? How can I associate a profile for login with this account?

Thanks.

Kevin
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: You have to have a profile selected to login?

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

Yes, this is required configuration for each user. You can associate a user with a profile either on the SPAdmin User/Group screen (Profiles tab) or SPAdmin's Profile screen (Membership tab).
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
kqian

Post by kqian »

Thanks for the help. I had already assogned multiple profiles to the user through SPAdmin User/Group screen. But still see this error. Does that mean I need to set one of the profiles to be default profile? If that's the case, where can I set that? I poked around but could not find where to set default profile.
Melissa McBerkowitz

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

There's no way to set a default profile through SPAdmin, but you can set it by logging into Select as that user. You will be prompted to pick a profile and can set a default profile on that screen.
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro
kqian

Post by kqian »

I haven't figured out yet how to log in using this Custom Account, everytime I lauch SoftPro Select, it automatically use my windows domain account. So how can I get prompted to use a different account?

Thanks.
Hadi Chemaly

Post by Hadi Chemaly »

Hold the Shift key down when you launch Select, and you should be prompted for custom credentials.