Event Notification - Network Name Error

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
JeremyArmstrong

Event Notification - Network Name Error

Post by JeremyArmstrong »

We have subscribed to events, but we are not successfully receiving them. I have attached an example of the error we are getting. Our service is fairly basic and follows the sample *asmx based project provided in the SDK. Any ideas on where to look?
Mark McKenna

Re: Event Notification - Network Name Error

Post by Mark McKenna »

Hi Jeremy,

I didn't see any attachment. Could you try again or let us know if you're having problems getting something attached?
JeremyArmstrong

Second attempt to upload attachment...
JeremyArmstrong

Oh, I just realized it won't let me upload a .txt document (which is strange to me). So instead, here is the contents of the error message...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: SoftPro Select Server
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 8/22/2011
Time: 1:09:42 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TEST-SOFTPRO2
Description:
Error occured on service boundary.
Error: The specified network name is no longer available. This often indicates that the HTTP client has prematurely closed the underlying TCP connection.
Stack Trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.ListenerResponseHttpOutput.ListenerResponseOutputStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.Send(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpRequestContext.OnReply(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase.Reply(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelListener`1.SecurityRequestContext.OnReply(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase.Reply(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransactionRequestContext.OnReply(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase.Reply(Message message)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.Reply(MessageRpc& rpc)
XML Log:
<ILExceptionData>
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput+ListenerResponseHttpOutput+ListenerResponseOutputStream" methodName="Write" methodSignature="Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)" methodToken="0x6001152" ILOffset="12" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput" methodName="Send" methodSignature="Void Send(System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x6001115" ILOffset="226" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpRequestContext" methodName="OnReply" methodSignature="Void OnReply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message, System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x6000b08" ILOffset="27" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase" methodName="Reply" methodSignature="Void Reply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message, System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x600056a" ILOffset="35" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelListener`1+SecurityRequestContext" methodName="OnReply" methodSignature="Void OnReply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message, System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x6003f40" ILOffset="38" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase" methodName="Reply" methodSignature="Void Reply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message, System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x600056a" ILOffset="35" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransactionRequestContext" methodName="OnReply" methodSignature="Void OnReply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message, System.TimeSpan)" methodToken="0x600727b" ILOffset="47" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestContextBase" methodName="Reply" methodSignature="Void Reply(System.ServiceModel.Channels.Message)" methodToken="0x6000569" ILOffset="0" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime" methodName="Reply" methodSignature="Boolean Reply(System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc ByRef)" methodToken="0x60055c1" ILOffset="371" />
</ILExceptionData>
***********************************************************************************
Error: The specified network name is no longer available
Stack Trace:
at System.Net.HttpResponseStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BytesReadPositionStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput.ListenerResponseHttpOutput.ListenerResponseOutputStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
XML Log:
<ILExceptionData>
<Point module="System.dll" classFull="System.Net.HttpResponseStream" methodName="Write" methodSignature="Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)" methodToken="0x60026b6" ILOffset="626" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.BytesReadPositionStream" methodName="Write" methodSignature="Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)" methodToken="0x600113e" ILOffset="0" />
<Point module="System.ServiceModel.dll" classFull="System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpOutput+ListenerResponseHttpOutput+ListenerResponseOutputStream" methodName="Write" methodSignature="Void Write(Byte[], Int32, Int32)" methodToken="0x6001152" ILOffset="0" />
</ILExceptionData>

Action=http://schemas.softprocorp.com/select/i ... ionChanges, ReplyTo=http://schemas.microsoft.com/2005/12/Se ... /Anonymous, FaultTo=

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

When exactly does this error occur? It looks as though this error would have occurred during the event subscription registration, not during runtime. At any rate, let's start with the subscription information. Can you provide the details of the event subscription itself? Although you could technically send us the registration XML file, I'd rather see exactly what records are in the associated SelectDb database. The registrations are kept in the dbo.EventSubscription table.
JeremyArmstrong

Mark,

Thank you. I have asked Swathi to respond regarding the records in the database and to provide more info on when this is happening. I have also sent you a private message with our XML subscription file contents so you can validate and even run a test against our test webservice to see if you can find any issues. Thank you!
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

Are you getting queuing records added to the dbo.EventNotification table? If not, I would strongly suggest removing the filter until you get something to fire. Be aware that the records in the queuing table often do not stay there long since they are immediately dispatched.

You are either:
1. Not getting records added to the queuing table (subscription problem).
2. Getting records added to the queuing table and they are immediately dispatched and removed from the table (working).
3. Getting records added to the queuing table but they are not being removed due to either a dispatcher or communication/messenger exception.

Dispatcher and messenger exceptions are all written to the event log of the mid-tier machine, so be sure and monitor/provide those, as well.

Also, I would still like to see the database record(s), however, since that's the real deal.
JeremyArmstrong

Well, I am not sure what was done to fix the issue, but my service has started receiving notifications. I am guessing it ended up being an error found during subscription. Sorry I can't provide more, but you can consider this thread resolved. Thank you!