OrderContact objects created by Template

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
kqian

OrderContact objects created by Template

Post by kqian »

Hi,

I noticed that when creating an order through SoftPro API and using a template, a few OrderContact objects will be automatically created, most of them are just empty object. I think this behavior is related to the template in use, right?

My question is if there is any way to prevent SoftPro from creating these empty contact objects?

Thanks.
Melissa McBerkowitz

Re: OrderContact objects created by Template

Post by Melissa McBerkowitz »

A new order created without a template will contain only two contact objects, contact codes BA (All Buyers) and SA (All Sellers). These contacts do not appear on the Order Contact screen, but are created automatically behind the scenes to hold summary information for all the buyers or sellers in the order, such as their concatenated names and signatures.

Any other contacts you see are created from your custom template. Many Select customers add blank contacts to a template like this so users can simply edit this blank object rather than clicking the "+" button to add a new one. Removing those blank contacts from the template would result in your new API-created orders not containingthese blank contacts, but your users may not agree with that plan. :)
Melissa McBerkowitz
VP of Product Strategy, SoftPro