EmailRecipientsTo property on PrintJob

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
dfrandsen

EmailRecipientsTo property on PrintJob

Post by dfrandsen »

On the Documents tab, when a user clicks the Email button, I'm interacting with the resulting PrintJob. I was looking for a way to determine which email recipients were selected, and found that the PrintJob object has an "EmailRecipientsTo" object in the Properties collection and it's type is List<string>.

However, in all of my testing the list is empty regardless of how many recipients are selected. Any way to get this populated?
Mark McKenna

Re: EmailRecipientsTo property on PrintJob

Post by Mark McKenna »

That property is used internally by Select to transport predefined email addresses to our Email Handler that is plugged into the pipeline. For example, if you email a document from the Order Contacts or Attachments screens, those become "preselected" email addresses that are carried to our Email Handler. In turn, our Email Handler fires up its email selection dialog and automatically adds those preselected ones, and allows the user to select more, if desired. We don't backfill the property with those selections, although it sounds like that would be of some benefit to you. Remember that there would always be a disconnect between the email addresses handed to your SMTP client (e.g. Outlook) and what really gets delivered since the user can manipulate the email before sending, and we would not know.