Softpro Classic API

Discussions related to custom development with Select.
rbecker

Softpro Classic API

Post by rbecker »

Is there any usage documentation available for the ProFormAPI.dll? I would like to be able to instantiate the ProFormAPI in an adapter I am writing and use it to retrieve order information from specified SoftPro Classic order files on various SP Classic servers. There does not seem to be a way to point to a specific server and Proform database when calling the API's SPOpenOrder method.

Thank you,

Rick Becker
Senior Applications Programmer
Fidelity National Financial, Inc
Mark McKenna

Re: Softpro Classic API

Post by Mark McKenna »

Hi Rick, sorry for the delay. It's been "ages" since I worked on the Classic product so I had to enlist some help. This was the reply that I got from that team:

The ProFormAPI is simply an extension to the ProForm libraries. The specification to a specific server and ProForm database is the same as the specification for ProForm itself. That is, the ProForm ODBC data source must be specified. Within the ODBC Data Source Administrator, add the “PfPx Database” SQL Server source with to the specific server and ProForm database.

The ProFormAPI’s connection to the ProForm Database is only for access to the ProForm Search table. The ‘Search’ table holds the IDs and file paths of the ProForm data files.

I hope that gives you the information you need.
sanjay.mittal

Post by sanjay.mittal »

Thanks much Mark for your help.

One more question on this. Is it possible for us to create multiple ODBC profiles on one machine for the different Softpro Classic implementation and then use those to access the data from multiple classic sites? Otherwise we have to deploy a seperate machine for each file server we have for the API to work.

Regards
Sanjay
Mark McKenna

Post by Mark McKenna »

From within the ODBC Data Source Administrator, there can only be one ProForm Data Source (PfPx Database). However, you might consider writing a batch file or similar process that programmatically sets the ODBC data source prior to making your calls to the ProFormAPI. We do something similar here at SoftPro because we support various versions of the Classic applications (a batch file sets the ODBC data source prior to launching the app).